Search the blog for any keywords

Friday 12 October 2012

MY DAILY PICK FROM MR PORTER:

My inspiration for today's pick is my own personal buy. Today I bought myself this exact tie in Knightsbridge London. If you want to make solid silk ties a staple in your wardrobe then make them knitted or woolen ties. Plain solid silk ties are a bit shiny, and in a way quite kitsch. A solid tie, in my books, will always trump a striped or patterned one. There is a certain appeal/elegance about items that are bland but well made. This tie is made by Brioni. The tie is handmade in Italy and made with fine navy silk. This tie will always look best with a crisp white shirt. The vast contrast in colors makes a sharp image. That is all I can say. The tie speaks for itself. Enjoy it. JB 

No comments:

Post a Comment